Duties of Editors
- Editors responsible for the decision of accepting, rejecting, or requesting modifications to the manuscript. The editors may be guided by the policies of the journal's editorial board and constrained by such legal requirements as shall then be in force regarding libel, copyright infringement and plagiarism.
- Editors responsible for implementing the principle of equality when processing the manuscript.
- Editors responsible for ensuring that each manuscript received by the journal is reviewed for its intellectual content without regard to sex, gender, race, religion, citizenship, etc. of the authors. An important part of the responsibility to make fair and unbiased decisions is the upholding of the principle of editorial independence and integrity.
- Editors responsible for ensuring that information regarding manuscripts submitted by the authors is kept confidential. Editors should critically assess any potential breaches of data protection and patient confidentiality. This includes requiring properly informed consent for the actual research presented, consent for publication where applicable.
- Editors will not use unpublished materials disclosed in a submitted manuscript for his own research without written consent of the author.
Duties of Reviewers
- Reviewers should help editors for the editorial decision of the manuscript.
- Reviewers responsible for the recommendation of the manuscript.
- Review of submitted manuscripts must be done objectively and the reviewers should express their views clearly with supporting arguments.
- Reviewers must ensure that authors have acknowledged all sources of data used in the research. Reviewers should identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors. Any statement that an observation, derivation, or argument had been previously reported should be accompanied by the relevant citation.
- Privileged information or ideas obtained through peer review must be kept confidential and not used for personal advantage by the reviewers.
Duties of Authors
- Authors should present an accurate account of the original research performed as well as an objective discussion of its significance. A manuscript should contain sufficient detail and references to permit others to replicate the work.
- Authors responsible for confirmation of their manuscript if it raises any questions.
- Relevant previous work and publications, both by other researchers and the authors’ own, should be properly acknowledged and referenced.
- Authors should present their results honestly and without fabrication, falsification or inappropriate data manipulation. Manuscripts should follow the submission guidelines of the journal.
- Authors should not submit the same manuscript to more than one journal concurrently.
- Authors willing to follow the editing process subjected to the manuscript.
Duties of Publisher
- Fakultas Farmasi, Universitas Muhammadiyah Purwokerto as the publisher of Jurnal Pharmacy responsible for publishing manuscript that has undergone editing, peer review, and layout processes referred to guidelines of the journal.
- Jurnal Pharmacy responsible for ensuring the academic freedom of authors and reviewers while performing their respective duties.
- Jurnal Pharmacy responsible for securing privacy and protecting the intellectual property rights, copyrights, and editorial freedom.