Focus and Scope
AlphaMath journal publishes the results of research on mathematics education. The scope of the research includes Mathematics Education Curriculum, Innovative and Creative Mathematics Learning, Mathematics Learning Media, Mathematics Learning Assessment and Evaluation, Lesson Study, Mathematical Thinking Skills, Ethnomathematics, and Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in mathematics learning.
The type of research in AlphaMath journal can be Classroom Action Research, Quantitative Research, Qualitative Research, Descriptive Research, Experimental Research, Didactic Development Research (DDR), and Development Research (R & D).
- Jurnal Alphamath
- Jurnal Nasional
- Open Submissions
- Peer Reviewed
- Open Submissions
- Peer Reviewed
AlphaMath is published 2 times a year, in May and November.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Ethical publication is the commitment of all parties involved in the publishing process of AlphaMath journal, including authors, editors, peer-reviewers, and publishers.
A. Publication and Authorship
1. All manuscripts that have been submitted will go through a blind peer-review process, at least by two peer reviewers, according to their area of expertise.
2. Peer-review process includes the assessment process related to how much urgency and the contribution of the manuscript to the advancement of the world of education, especially mathematics education, originality, and the relevance of the manuscript's content.
3. Possible decisions on the manuscript include accepted, accepted with corrections, or rejected.
4. If the author is advised to improve the manuscript and send it back, there is no guarantee that the manuscript will be accepted.
5. The Manuscripts that are rejected will not be reviewed.
6. The Manuscripts received are bound by applicable legal requirements, including defamation, copyright infringement, and plagiarism.
7. The Manuscripts cannot be published in more than one publication.
8. AlphaMath Journal is responsible for guaranteeing academic freedom for editors and peer-reviewers to carry out their duties based on their responsibilities.
9. AlphaMath Journal is responsible for maintaining the privacy and protecting intellectual property and copyrights.
B. Author's responsibility
1. Authors must ensure that the manuscript sent is their own work honestly, without plagiarism and data manipulation.
2. Authors must ensure that the manuscripts have never been published before or are in the process of being published elsewhere.
3. Authors must show references to the opinions and other works cited.
4. Authors must report any errors found in the published manuscript to the editor.
5. Authors must follow peer-review processes.
6. Authors must inform the editor of any conflicts of interest related to published manuscripts.
7. The author does not object if the manuscript is edited without changing the essence and substance.
C. Responsibilities of the editor
1. The editorial team is responsible for deciding which manuscripts are suitable for publication through the editorial board meeting.
2. The editorial team is responsible for the overall content and quality of the publication.
3. The editorial team is not authorized to overturn its decision or the previous editor's decision without any serious reason.
4. The editorial team maintains the confidentiality of the reviewer.
5. The editorial team accepts the manuscript only based on the originality, clarity, and relevance of the manuscript to the scope of journal publication.
6. The editorial team must ensure that the manuscript is published following internationally accepted publication ethics.
7. The editorial team treats all submitted manuscripts the same way.
8. The editorial team has the right to take legal action if the manuscript is proven to violate publication ethics.
9. In reviewing and making decisions on the publication of the manuscript, the editorial team did not differentiate between the author's race, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality or political ideology.
10. The editorial team maintains the confidentiality of information related to the submitted manuscript.
11. The editorial team will return the unpublished manuscripts to the authors.
D. Responsibilities of reviewers
1. Reviewers must safeguard the confidentiality of information related to the text they are reviewing.
2. Reviewers must safeguard the author's liberty.
3. Reviewers must safeguard objectivity in providing input, suggestions, and comments on each manuscript that are reviewed.
4. Reviewers are free to express their views clearly with supporting arguments.
5. Reviewers have the right to ask the editor-in-chief to pay attention to the manuscript's similarity being reviewed with other manuscripts.
6. Reviewers are not allowed to review manuscripts with a conflict of interest due to a particular relationship with the author, agency, or company connected to the author.
Peer Review Process
AlphaMath is an online journal published by the Department of Mathematics Education, Faculty of Teacher Training and Education, Universitas Muhammadiyah Purwokerto. All Manuscripts that have been submitted will follow the peer-review process as follows:
- The manuscripts are submitted via Open Journal System (OJS) at http://jurnalnasional.ump.ac.id/index.php/alphamath/about/submissions
- Editor-in-chief will accept the manuscript and then distribute it to the editor. The editor will check whether the manuscript has been appropriated with the template, focus and scope, and the method used and check for plagiarism. If it is appropriate, the editor will send the manuscript to the peer reviewers. If it doesn't fit, it will be returned to the author.
- The manuscripts that have been submitted will go through a blind peer-review process by at least two peer-reviewers based on their area of expertise. This peer review is a process to determine how much urgency and the contribution of the manuscript to the advancement of the world of education, especially mathematics education. In addition, the originality and relevance of the manuscript content also be considered. Comments from peer-reviewers will be sent to the author either via the system on OJS or directly on the manuscript.
- The editor will inform the peer-reviewer of comments to the author no later than 1 month after the peer-reviewer has commented. Editors will also notify authors via email.
- Authors are given the opportunity to improve the manuscript or provide feedback related to peer reviewers' comments no later than 2 weeks after the manuscript is received by the author.
- The final decision on acceptance of the manuscript is determined by the editor following peer-reviewer comments.
- Plagiarism detection is done with Turnitin and Grammarly applications.
- All published articles are open-access.
- We are committed to maintaining the AlphaMath journals' quality as a journal management team.
The articles published in AlphaMath are the results of research about mathematics education written following a code of ethics in scientific publications. The three codes of ethics include 1) neutrality, which is free from conflicts of interest in the management of publications; 2) justice, which is to give authorship rights to those who are entitled as writers; and 3) honesty, which is free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism in publications. Published articles follow certain procedures to ensure that the articles are of good quality.